Mrs. Karimu Byron-Caines
WHO WE ARE
The National Council on Drug Abuse Prevention was established in 2000 under the Drugs (Prevention and Abatement of the Misuse and Abuse of Drugs) Act. The National Council on Drug Abuse Prevention comprises of an advisory body that includes Government Officials, appointed nationals and representatives from related organizations.
Functions of The Council and its Secretariat
WHAT WE DO
- National survey and reports on the drug situation when opportunities arise
- Development, Design and Implementation of drug policies
- Referrals for biopsychosocial treatment services
- Training and equipping frontline workers in the field
- Attending to local, regional and international obligations as it relates to the prevention and abatement of the misuse and abuse of drugs
- Prevention, Intervention and Adolescent Group Treatment sessions as it relates to the misuse and abuse of drugs
- Promote co-operation between professional and community services which, in the opinion of the Council, may assist in dealing with social problems connected with the abuse of drugs
- Education on drugs especially among our youth and other vulnerable populations
- Facilitate drug psycho-educational group sessions
- Assist groups/institutions with designing and developing drug prevention/interventions programs
Need a quick help or have questions?
Telephone: +1 (869) 467 – 1703
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday
St. Kitts-Nevis National Council on Drug Abuse Prevention Secretariat
Basseterre, St. Kitts, W.I.
Main Office: 1-869-467-1703